In this, the debut episode of The Remnant with Jonah Goldberg, the host nervously gropes his way through the podcast universe like a blind pervert in a sex-robot warehouse. His first guest is Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE). Topics include: the breakdown in civil society, the rise of tribalism in American politics, bullfighting and the vital role peeing in corn fields plays in American life.
- The GLoP Culture podcast at Ricochet.
- Albert J. Nock’s Our Enemy, the State.
- Nock’s explanation of the Remnant.
- The Goldberg File.
- The first of the new G-Files.
- My Dr. Johnny Fever defense of the G-File.
- Dr. Johnny Fever lets loose on air.
- My National Review page.
- My AEI page.
- The 1978 Chrysler LeBaron (actually a 1992 Dodge Spirit) under a boulder art exhibit Senator Sasse mentioned.
- Pew data showing 40 percent of people under the age of 35 are okay with limiting the First Amendment.
- The Brookings study showing 30 percent of college males believe violence is an appropriate course of action to shut down speakers they think are intolerant.
- Steven Bannon’s Lenin quote.
- F.A. Hayek’s essay, in which he discusses how conservatism “dragged along a path not of its own choosing.”
- Dave Rimington, the new interim athletic director for the University of Nebraska.
- Portuguese-style bullfighting.
- South American cat juggling.