In the latest Remnant, Jonah talks with Steve Hayward, currently a visiting professor at University of California, Berkeley — and a conservative. They discuss how what conservatives can do to make more inroads into higher education, and why elite schools should welcome the effort. Other topics include Who was Leo Strauss? Are the East Coast-West Coast Staussian wars over? Is Donald Trump a statesman? And other pressing questions.
- Get your copy of Scalia Speaks here.
- The study which found PhDs working in non-academic fields tend to be happier than their academic peers.
- And Arthur Brooks exploring the data showing conservatives are happier than liberals.
- The Sharon Statement.
- The Port Huron Statement.
- Go to Tripping.com for your vacation rentals.
- The creepy Trivago guy.
- John Miller’s article about the decline of military history classes in college.
- Goldfinger explains his plan.
- What is the fascination with my forbidden closet of mystery?
- Steve Hayward’s book on the Berns/Jaffa arguments.
- “If you think it’s hard to argue with Harry Jaffa, try agreeing with him.”
- Rhetoric & American Statesmanship.
- Albert J. Nock’s biography of Thomas Jefferson.
- British Shaggy.
- Immanentize the eschaton!
- Please subscribe and review at iTunes and Stitcher.