George Mason University economics professor Bryan Caplan joins The Remnant to discuss his latest book, The Case Against Education. While agreeing with much of Caplan’s case, Jonah spends a good portion of the podcast in the difficult task of trying to prove a smart libertarian wrong.
- Bryan Caplan’s website, including sale links to his books and more information about him.
- Information about The Problem of Political Authority by Michael Huemer, which Bryan mentioned as one of his favorite books on political theory.
- More information about David Bahnsen’s Crisis of Responsibility, the subject of one of this podcast’s ads.
- My Corner post about Bryan Caplan’s new book The Case Against Education.
- An article in The Nation about a New York public school teacher who quit his job to get a master’s degree in puppetry but couldn’t get a job in the field.
- Video of Bryan Caplan’s debate at AEI on the thesis of his book, in which he participated a few hours after recording the podcast.
- Information about Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction by Philip Tetlock, which Bryan mentioned as containing actual worthwhile skills for undergraduates to have.