Returning from exile, and just back from a trip abroad, Senator Ben Sasse (R-Nebraska) rejoins The Remnant for a wildly discursive episode on cybersecurity, congressional dysfunction, populism, and cryptozoology.
- The Hundred-Year Marathon by Michael Pillsbury, which Ben Sasse recommended as a must-read on China’s strategic vision.
- “Navigating Conflicts in Cyberspace: Legal Lessons from the History of War at Sea” by Jeremy and Ariel Rabkin, where I first heard a proposal for cyber-privateers.
- The last time I talked about cyber privateers.
- One of the first times I talked about airborne laser volcano lancing (other examples here).
- Rich Lowry on the “Never Trump delusion.”
- My response with Ramesh Ponnuru.
- My (latest) take on populism and conservatism.
- The United States of Cryptids.
- Eric Erickson on why your podcast sucks (but this one doesn’t).
- My response to one of my book’s early critics.