When is a podcast too long? Should we hate pragmatism? Are economists a guild? Jonah invites Russ Roberts, Hoover Institution fellow and host of the Econtalk podcast, to attempt to answer these and other questions, in the first part of their conversation.
- My appearance on Econtalk.
- Jerry Muller’s appearance on Econtalk.
- Jerry Muller on The Tyranny of Metrics.
- The Library of Economics and Liberty.
- The Invisible Heart by Russ Roberts.
- An introduction to the evolutionary psychology work of Leda Cosmides and John Tooby.
- Bill James’ appearance on Econtalk.
- Bill Easterly’s appearance on Econtalk.
- Luigi Zingales’ appearance on Econtalk.
- Nassim Taleb on the “Intellectual Yet Idiot.”
- When Nietzsche Wept by Irwin Yellum.
- Wallace Stevens, whose poetry Russ Roberts doesn’t understand.
- Keynes vs. Hayek rap battles: part I and part II.
- Chesterton’s Fence.
- Adam Smith on the “man of system.”
- Adam Smith on what happens when men of the same trade meet.
- Bertrand Russell on Pragmatism.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download