This week’s Remnant reunites Jonah with his fellow goatee-sporting journalist Steve Hayes, the editor-in-chief of the Weekly Standard. Jonah tries to keep the chicken wings and cheese curds away from Steve long enough for them to talk about the state of the Republican Party, Charles Krauthammer, and . . . fraternity pledging?
- Steve Hayes’ previous Remnant appearance, Chicken Wings, Cheese, and Politics.
- My article on the similarities between Chamberlain’s “Peace in Our Time” pronouncement and Trump’s optimistic view of the North Korea peace talks.
- Apparently Trump didn’t tell South Korea he planned on ending the war games.
- My tweet about the increased likelihood of war with North Korea further down the line.
- When Trump admitted he’d never admit if he was wrong about Kim Jong Un.
- When Pence said there would be no talks with North Korea unless proof of denuclearization was offered.
- Buy a copy of Suicide of the West.
- The end of Plant of the Apes.
- You should follow @HolmesLybrand on Twitter.
- John McCormack on Corey Stewart for the Weekly Standard.
- Charles Krauthammer’s farewell letter.
- My NR piece on the most Burkean line in Animal House.
- The SNL Soylent Green skit.
- A mean email sent to me, just before someone sent me liquor as if to make up for it.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download